Friday, October 5, 2007

Go Baby




Maybe it's because I'm older, or because I'm already chasing two nearly 4-year-olds. But Baby Who seems to have an unusually high level of energy -- puts that pink bunny in the battery commercials to shame.

She has two speeds -- warp and stop. She'll go full-tilt until she is exhausted, then crash to recharge. Then she's up and on the move again. Ack!

She came home in amazing shape -- crawling up a storm, pulling herself up on the furniture and scooting along, nearly ready to walk. She wants to crawl up the stairs constantly. She's managed to remove nearly half of our door stoppers (she has some intense dislike for them, I think).

In a nutshell, she's BUSY.

I'm thinking I need more caffeine.

But I do have a proud badge of honor -- yesterday I kept the big girls home because they were under the weather, so I flew solo with all three for the first time. I have to confess, it scared the bejeepers out of me at first. I so admire at-home moms with multiple children who just make it seem so effortless. I can tell you, for me it was NOT effortless. (Though I did manage to bathe before DH left for work.)

But everyone was fed and changed, and only I seemed the worse for wear. Who II even spent some time playing with Baby Who one-on-one, which was beautiful to see. I think they're growing on each other.

Last night, the pups were all tuckered out. Who I decided she wanted to sleep in baby sister's room, so we let her. She was thrilled!

Today, it's just me and the squirt. I'm off to the laundry wars (how can one tiny
baby generate so much more laundry?) and then to copy all our paperwork so we can register her adoption, since I traveled without DH. I'm sure she'll be a BIG helper for that (Kinko's, watch out!).

1 comment:

Pink Evita said...

Oh yeah, you seem to be settling in just fine. At this point last year I was walking through my neighborhood behind the stroller crying...I wasn't unhappy just crying. Perhaps sleep deprivation.

I hope Who I and Who II can be a little help entertaining the mighty mite. I've found fencing them in can be quite helpful.