Monday, October 29, 2007

Rambling

How much can an at-home mom cram into a week? Try physicals for two 4-year-olds at two different pediatricians. A mental health appointment for one of them. A new furnace and air conditioner one day. Duct cleaning the next. Throw in a quick trip to the vet for the itchy and inappropriately peeing cat and you've got yourself a full week! Gee, and I thought I'd be bored. Doesn't leave much time for scintillating conversation -- especially when your main companion mostly says "ahhhh-ya-ya," "dat!" and "doh" -- for dumb barking dog. Then again, she does throw in a very loud "MAMA!" every now and then, so I guess it's worth it. But now it's Monday, and the Big Whos are at school, and it's just me and the squirt (who, by the way, I predict will top 15 lbs at her 1-year checkup in a couple of weeks!). We're deep in the throes of list-making as we prepare to take the herd east to introduce the newest grandbaby to her Grandma Jane. Eight hours in the car with three active but confined-against-their-will children. Egad. But I'll obsess on that later. Right now, I have to find the damn cat ears that I just had the other day. Who I insists she'll be a cat for Halloween for the second year in a row. I have everything but the ears -- and an earless cat is the stuff Halloween nightmares are made of.

No comments: