Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And we're off!

The time is FINALLY here -- in about 12 hours, mom and I will be on our way to China to meet Who III! This has been an agonizing wait, much harder than our first trip (which went SO smoothly!). It's taken us 9 weeks since we first learned we had a new daughter to even get on a plane, and that's simply too long.

I've spent the last two days running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Can't remember whether I packed something or not. Struggling to get online. Still no confirmation from Panda phone, but travel agent says they got confirmation. I figure I'll just show up bedraggled in Beijing and say, "You got a phone for ME?"

We're scheduled to land in China just after 3 p.m. on Thursday -- that'll be 2 a.m. to most folks back home. Sleep tight!

I hope to be able to update the blog while we're away, but we had to scrap the laptop plan because our home Internet connection has been faulty since we "upgraded" to fiberoptics. I wasn't willing to haul another 8 pounds of gear in the off chance Mr. Fixit and the Big Whos could actually read it. I plan to hit the business centers and Internet cafes instead. Wish me luck!

We could not have done this without the support of our friends and family, who have kept us fed, entertained and clinging to our sanity these last few months. We are incredibly blessed by the people in our lives, and to have the opportunity to make a difference in another child's life. It's an awesome job.

No comments: