Tuesday, August 14, 2007

$$$$$$$



We have travel approval! We have plane tickets! We have no more money!

Ahhh, the joys of the final weeks to adoption, as the gentle sucking sound that has been your finances becomes a raging vortex determined to drain every last penny you have. Need to eat when you come home? Live off your fat for a while. Want to stay home with your precious bundle at least until your clock resets and the days are days and nights are nights? Forget about it. Strap that little angel on you and get back to the sweat shop.

And you know what? You don't give a damn about money. Because this journey is like one of those credit card commercials: It's priceless.

We will be one of the last groups of July referrals to travel, I think. Not sure why it all worked out that way, and it's frustrating to know some folks will be home long before we ever get on a plane in September. But I just have to keep my eye on the final result: Who III at home where she belongs.

1 comment:

catbertie said...

Hey Jen....I have a wonderful carry-on briefcase that I took to China this past winter. I was able to fit all paperwork in it, a laptop, both cameras, baby things (in case the checked luggage didn't make it), extra unmentionables for me and my meds. Let me know if you'd like to see it or take it along.
-Cathy