Thursday, July 12, 2007

Comparisons



My three girls all had different looks in their eyes in their referral pix. The Original Who had a twinkle in her eye, a sign of the mischief that is her very nature. Who II seemed wide-eyed and observant, waiting to see what life had to offer. Who III has a look in her eyes that I've decided is much older than her age warrants. She looks like an old soul, one who already knows too much about life's sorrows and not enough of its joys. The more I study her picture, the stronger the connection I feel. I have a fierce Mama Bear need to get on a plane now, to get her out of those clothes, to put a sparkle in her eyes. To hear her laugh in the way only babies can. To see her in her sisters' arms, the three united, small, sturdy testaments to the power of love and perseverance. Survivors, each of them. Joys beyond belief.

These will be long weeks, waiting, wondering.

7 comments:

Dave & Kris said...

Love your blog, so funny! We're clearly of the same cohort--we watch the Grinch every Xmas. What a great gift you gave to your friend and her daughter (and YOUR daughters).

We are a month behind you (LID 12/12/05)--thanks for a picture of the great times ahead!
Kristen
Wilmette, IL (daveandkris.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Hey,WhoMom - love the blog, also...show's your naturally fabulous writing talents...my sister said the exact same words when I showed her Who III's referral pics...she has an old soul. I think so, too.

Lola

Kelley said...

You are a wise mom...Who III will be so very lucky to have you!!!

Mary, Eric and Penelope said...

Your "comparisons" post touched me so much. So well said.

Shawnstribe said...

We are wowed by your story,you have touched our hearts.
We are 2 best friends from South Africa and Brasil,met and living in England.
Juls has her baby Amy-Li and I am LID Dec 8th 05.
Our babies will be sisters like yours
lots of love
Julia and Shawn
our blogs are
www.delucchibaby.blogspot.com
www.thetomlinsontribegrows.blogspot.com

Pink Evita said...

Oh, I know that look. I've seen it in my second babe. It almost drove me over the edge wanting to hold her in my arms before we met her 6 weeks later. A year later I was able to let her ride my hip for 45 minutes after nap, when she woke out of sorts from her nap this afternoon. You'll be in that same position to snuggle that little face in no time at all. Hang in there, I know the wait is torture when you know her.

Thumbelina's Mom said...

The 3 Whos are all so beautiful!