Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Matching Room

No, it's not the dating game. But it sure has all the anticipation!
We got a call from our agency Monday saying CCAA notified THEM -- instead of THEM pestering CCAA -- that we'd finally escaped the review room and were in the matching room! At last, progress!

Now, no one will say for sure what this means. It could mean we're in line to be matched soon, as in with the July group. Frankly, I'm not holding my breath on that one. I've had my legs knocked out from under me too many times lately to get my hopes up. It also could mean we were just moved with the April '06 folks and are still stuck with another year-plus to wait. My agency says they don't think that's the case, that the CCAA has indicated it wants to match us soon. But again, no one knows for sure. So I can't get excited yet.

What's hysterical is that I finally had my meltdown. I hit rock bottom a few days before our agency called. Cried my eyes out, finally admitted I wasn't sure we'd ever get another referral, that baby sister might just be a pipe dream. Then I went and bought $1400 worth of furniture.

So, it would stand to reason that after I've booked a long-overdue vacation and spent money I needed for the adoption, we'd get a referral. Let's see if that theory holds true!

No comments: